Monday, December 12, 2011

Excitement!

After losing about 50 pounds my wedding set began to feel loose. Eventually they got so big that I moved them to my middle finger, then my index finger. And, now they're even too big for my thumb. I have met with a few jewelers to discuss my options in regards to sizing. I can't remember if if I mentioned it or not but I have two wedding sets. I have the original set Phil proposed to me with and that I wore for the first few years of our marrriage. And, another set I got after things started looking up from his cancer diagnosis. It was to celebrate our new cancer free life. Well, I love them both. But I really love the second set. Unfortunately it is a channel setting and apparently they're difficult to size much. They're a 9 and I need a 6. So if I tried to have them sized the stones could easily fall out and since I do not have a job that would stand up to that I just didn't feel it was worth it. However, I remembered about my original set and decided we could see if that one could be resized. I took it to a place at the local mall and the guy quoted me at 200 dollars. I was going to just do it so I could have a ring. But, by the time I went back to him it was too late to have it done the same day. So I'd have to leave them over night. No thank you!

The next day I decided to try just one more place.. I went looking for the place my Mom's fiancee uses. But, I couldn't find it! Apparently they no longer have a shop at the mall like they used to. But, I was able to find another jeweler there who only quoted me 95 dollars! HE instantly made me feel at ease because he took out his little scope thing and examined my rings. Something the others have not done! And, he was honest and said he knew the engagement ring would be fine thru the sizing but the wedding bands stones may fall out. But, he would take all the stones out, resize it and reset them. Needless to say I agreed! I felt comfortable with him. And, it only took a few hours. 

When I got them back they fit PERFECT. And, they were all shiny! =) SO glad I can have them again!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, I am sooooo happy for you (and a teensy bit jealous because it is going to cost me big $$$ to have mine done and I need to wait until I'm closer to goal, which at this rate will take a while!) Your rings are just BEAUTIFUL and I'm so glad you were able to get them done. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! My wedding band is too big on me as well so I can never wear it anymore. Your rings are amazingly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been complaining to my husband about how I always feel like the mistress because when do you EVER go out in public to and see the WIFE not wearing her rings but the husband does?! Not very often. Very uncomfortable! Plus, my husband has some insecurities so I always tell him GIVE ME A RING! lol

    Thank you! I loved them b/c they looked vintage to me.

    I'm eventually taking the other set to the jeweler and see what he can do!

    Sarah, can you resize it eventually?
    Sheila, better late than never! how come it's going to be so expensive?

    ReplyDelete