Monday, December 12, 2011

I confess...

I broke my "no weigh in until seeing the surgeon" plan. I was REALLY nervous I gained weight. I think between not weighing in and starting to have more food freedom I freaked myself out. So I did weigh in, I lasted about two weeks. But, the great news is... I didn't gain any weight! whoohoo! I was really nervous!

But, this little trial taught me that the scale is OK! It's doesn't need to be an every day thing. But, I can use it as I need to stay on track!

I think my body is comfortable at being 168-169 pounds. While I really want to be at goal I think I may be done trying to actively lose weight. I need to talk to my surgeon of course. But, my fear is that if I lose the other 18 pounds I need to, and then pursue reconstruction later to remove the excess skin I will look TOO skinny. Especially because I've read peoples posts about how their surgeon removed so many pounds of skin. 

It's just a waiting game until I talk with Dr. You! 

5 comments:

  1. Great update Jes!! Good for you for freeing yourself from the wicked scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that you went as long as you did and even BETTER that you didn't GAIN! WOO HOO!!!! I have yet to try that but maybe you will inspire me to do it someday soon. Can't wait for your checkup! This is just my opinion, but when I talked to my dr. about upping my goal weight, he was very honest and said "I'm happy when you are happy...not the BMI charts, or my numbers (he is extremely analytical and keeps incredible records of each and every one of his patients in regards to numbers, etc.) I am happy when YOU ARE." LOVE that kind of mentality and love that from my surgeon! I hope yours has a similar attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 5'7", and my doctor said my range should be between 135 and 145, so I set my goal for 140. I am not ruling it out, but I know I am going to be very happy with anything under 180. Anything below that still seems unattainable to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on staying scale free as long as you did, me Im a scale weigher daily, I have to, it keeps me accountable as much as it might drive me nuts it makes me realize what to eat and not eat sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MY surgeon is amazing. So I'm sure he will be happy with what ever I chose. He's been happy with my progress since my first appointment so I doubt he'd ever say anything negative! But, at the end of the day, even if he did.. it's MY body I deal with it day to day so it's my choice!

    Linda, I feel ya! Even though I'm SO close to goal.. 150 doesn't seem reachable really. It's weird.

    Sarah, I have tried so many different things. I think weighed at lest once a week is a must for me!

    ReplyDelete