Saturday, May 7, 2011

Food Intolerances...

A lot of times when I'm reading the forum I frequent, I see a lot of pre op patients asking what food people have trouble with. Originally I would answer that I didn't have any. I honestly thought that was the truth. However, seeing that question so many times I have started to focus MORE on if I was being 100 percent honest.

I've learned that I DO have some food intolerances.


I tried salad about 2 months ago, and my stomach gurgled and I just didn't like it. I didn't think it was an issue of if my body couldn't tolerate it. But, that my tastes had changed. Well, yesterday I was SERIOUSLY craving some salad. So for dinner that's what I had. O-M-G. I was so uncomfortable. I didn't even eat much of it but it made me feel so gross. I wish my brain would catch up with my new and improved stomach and let it know that it DOESNT really like salad and stop the craving for it.

I also discovered that I can't really eat chicken nuggets. While I know they're really not the best choice anyway. They're still yummy. I have eaten them a few times and felt so bad afterwards that I now know my stomach just doesn't like the breading. I can however eat them from Chik Fila. I'm only talking like 3 of them TOPS.. but, I can't even get one down from anywhere else.

Protein I can't stand. I can smell it. But, I don't think that really counts.

Do you have any food you just CAN NOT eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment