Thursday, May 19, 2011

I don't know what to...

title this. But, I really feel the need to get this off my chest.

I was having a really hard time explaining this to myself before. So therefore I never verbalized my thoughts out loud. Mainly because I felt super awkward and judgemental. But, now that I've actually thought about it and came to terms, I totally understand it.

But, it seems as I lose more weight I notice more overweight people.

At first I really felt bad. I felt as if I was judging people. And, while I know I'm really not it seemed like it.

In reality, I finally know WHY it seems like all these overweight people are coming out of no where.

I AM NO LONGER CONSTANTLY WORRYING IF I AM THE FATTEST PERSON IN THE ROOM.

Before surgery I'd go into a room and scan it and worry if I was the biggest person there. I did it without even thinking. It was just something I did all the time.

Now, when I go into the room I still look around at the people. But, not because I'm worried. But because I am a people watcher.

I'm so glad I finally understand that I'm not being rude... I'm just more aware of WHY it seems this way.

Hopefully this makes sense! I had a really hard time explaining it to my husband when I first noticed me doing it. But at my last support group meeting a guy brought it up and through talking to him I finally realized WHY it's happening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment