Friday, March 11, 2011

People Noticing?

Alright, I will start this by saying I am pretty honest and straight forward with my surgery. All of my co workers know, same for my friends and family. Heck, I even tell strangers. The only people who do NOT know of course are my students and their parents. I work with emotionally disturbed kids... I do not feel it's their business to know I had it, or even why. But, at the same time I do not like lying to them. So therefore I don't. I told myself early on that if anyone noticed I would tell them all the things I am doing to lose weight, just leave out the surgery portion. Such as: I AM watching what I eat. I AM being careful with the amount of carbs I consume. I AM being careful with how much sugar I consume. I AM exercising more often. I did quit drinking soda..... with all of those things alone one would lose weight. However, I have a tool that helps me lose it quicker...

Well, it's official! It's starting to show! The other week one of my students noticed when I was in MIP with him. MIP is a special support program we offer our students who need extra support. It's 1 on 1 and used for a consequence. Therefore there's not a lot of conversation going on. However, he did ask me appropriately if he could ask a question so I decided to answer. He asked if I lost weight, and it kind of shocked me a little. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know if he was trying to set me up... but, I answered. YES. He said good and it ended somewhat decent.

Then, this week another student told me it was time to buy new clothes because they noticed all my other ones were getting too big! She asked me about the gym, and if I am losing weight also.

The same day as that one of the parents commented that I'm really losing weight, and asked how much I've lost. I didn't know what to say. So I answered honestly. I was just PRAYING she didn't ask me how... and in how long. Obviously I can answer HOW.. but the time frame part makes it difficult because without a tool in place like the sleeve, there's no healthy way of losing that much weight in two months.


2 comments:

  1. It must feel good that people are starting to notice, don't worry about "all" the details I think telling them what you have and are doing will answer the question. By the way I love what you have done with the place! *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it feels GREAT! :)

    And, thanks!

    I wanted something a little more girly since I'm feeling so girly these days :)

    ReplyDelete