
This morning I finally got around to going to Quest Diagnostics to have my labs drawn. I got the paperwork for it at my last appointment with my surgeon in February. I was curious if I was lacking in any supplement and since I've always had a lot of issues with low iron levels anyway, I figured to ask if I could get my lab work done before the traditional time line.
So I made one appointment a few weeks ago when I was doing GREAT with my vitamins. But, unfortunately the day of I realized I didn't have the paperwork to give to them. So I had to cancel.
Fast forward to today, and two colds later I haven't taken my multi-vitamins or Calcium in awhile. I know it's bad. But, they're horrible. Normally when I feel okay I can deal with them. But between the two colds there was just no way I could stomach them. I was planning on waiting to go for blood work until I had taken them for two weeks straight. However, that would then set me back for my next appointment with Dr. You on March 23rd. So I decided to suck it up and get it done without the vitamins. That way they're out of the way I can see how my body reacts without vitamins and hopefully be motivated to remember those pills on a daily basis. I am HORRIBLE with remembering to take medicine every day. I really need to go back to the old way of reminding myself to take them. I set my phone to go off at certain times. :)
Anyway.... I wasn't quite sure what to think about this blood work stuff. I have given blood a few times. Normally only 2 or 3 vials.... Today, I was SHOCKED!!! I had to give ten... Yup, TEN vials of blood. OH MY GOSH! That's crazy talk. I absolutely hate watching them take blood from someone's body and watch it go into the vials. But, today I noticed about half way through my body just wouldn't pump the blood out as quick as it did in the beginning. The guy (who wasn't very friendly) had to hold the needle down and move it around. EW! I hate that! After some maneuvering he got it to work! :)
I'm not going to lie. I did think to ask to take a picture of all the vials together for the purpose of this blog. But since he didn't seem very nice to start with I didn't want to push my luck!
Hopefully I'll hear back from my surgeon's office soon... and it won't be too bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment