Today I am 4 days post op. It's also Christmas Eve. I stopped all pain medicines except for Tylenol yesterday. I am not in so much pain, as just being uncomfortable. The gas pains in my belly are rough. I hear my stomach making loud noises. And, it hurts. But nothing too serious. I pop a Gas X strip in my mouth and I'm good to go for a little while.
Today were off to celebrate Christmas with the husbands family. This is going to be rough. My sister (in law) is a great cook. I love her salad especially. And I can't have any of it. I'm on my liquid diet for almost a week and a half still. Instead of traditional food, ill have some pudding and carnation instant start!
All this is for a healthier me... But, right now its rough. I am feeling better a little more each day. :)
UPDATE:
Today wasn't as bad as I expected. YES I wanted some real food. NO I didn't even try any. My husbands family is SUPER supportive. And, I am so thankful for them. As well as MY family.
My niece Tessa who is 3 kept saying Aunt Jes has ouchie? Boo boo? Can I kiss? Is it here? It was cute. But, at the end of the night I am sore from all the touching of my already sore incision. However, she tried to make her Aunt feel better so who can be mad? The saddest part is that I couldn't hold her. I love holding her. She's just so cute and cuddly. And, I want to treasure every minute I can while she's this little.
UPDATE FOR THE UPDATE!!
Today was Christmas. It was a little more tempting to try some food. But, I did it with caution.
My mom made me soup. I ate that. And, she also makes this REALLY good corn stuff, and mashed potatoes. I added more milk to them and blended them.. SEPERATELY of course :) Until it was liquid. It wasn't TOO bad. And, I still got a small taste of the food I like Whoohoo.
This Christmas was my favorite. Spent with those I love and adore.
No comments:
Post a Comment