Friday, December 24, 2010

Every day is something new.

As I mentioned last post, I'm day 4 post op. Today was my first family outing. It went well. I won't bore you with details since I already updated my post about it. But, I will say this... this journey is proving to NEVER be boring.

When everyone made their plates to eat today I decided to make me some pudding (with protein!)
and some Carnation Instant Start Sugar Free... And, I sat down to eat. Well, as soon as I sat down I realized something. DOH! I can't eat AND drink at the same time. Heck! I can't even drink and eat in the same 30 minutes. So I got up, and moved my drink into the fridge. Boo. I was looking forward to that carnation. But, I knew it would help if I ate while everyone else did TOO!

Second thing. I'm not one to take medicine. I ALWAYS forget. There's almost no way around it. I can do good for a few days. Then BAM! I forget. So since I'm an Android user I thought THEY MUST HAVE AN APP to remind you about medicines. So off to search I went. Turns out they do. And, now I have a nice little reminder to take my meds. I'm on four right now. I'm taking a Calcium Citrate, and a Multi Vitamin. I take them at the same time since the Multi doesn't have Iron. Then, I take acid reducer. Lastly, I take Actigull to protect my gull-bladder. After reading the bottle for it, I learned I shouldn't take it within the same two hour window of vitamins. So a reminder is MUCH needed. Anyway, starting tomorrow I will start a routine with my meds. I look forward to routine. And, while this one is only temporary until I go back to work on January 3rd. It's much appreciated.

Once I go back to work I plan to go on a full routine. I plan to set up meal times each day so I know when I can drink and when I can not. I hope to get at least ONE bottle of water in me before leaving for work. I'm not sure any other plans I have. But, man this journey is AWESOME. I'm so proud I did this for myself. I'm all for a better me. I look forward to the changes.

My incisions are starting to itch. I'm wondering if I can put something on them?
Hopefully I find out soon!

Oh! And, a side note. Christmas time is AMAZING. I've managed to pick up some gift cards. And some cash. I'm storing the gift cards in my wallet. The plan is to keep them for when I am between sizes and need clothes .They're nothing too big. Just 25 dollars but I have 3 of them. So that'll be a nice pick me up when I outgrow my pants.

Anyway, tonight has been eventful. I'm exhausted. Especially after last night's HORRIBLE sleep. I'm off to check up on the VSG talk forum and try to go night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment