Friday, August 24, 2012

Update to my Updates!

Sounds kind of funny. But, yes this will just be an update on my last post.

After a week of doing the Fast...  I stopped it. I had every intention of sticking it out and making it to the 21 day mark. But, a few things stepped in the way of my path.

The BIGGEST one would honestly be the hunger feelings. It was super awkward for me. I've gotten used to not being hungry and just eating to eat. And, those feelings of being SO super hungry just rocked me. I felt like I was broken. I needed MORE food.

When we originally started researching the Fast I was concerned with not getting enough protein. And, I thought I'd be fine. But, after a week of doing it I really felt like I was DRAGGING! I felt GREAT because I wasn't eating sugar or putting bad things into my body. But, all the things I use to get protein in weren't allowed. And, I needed it!

I also feel like I started to obsess over food. Not so much with eating it but there was always some kind of planning that needed to be done. I needed to plan each meal, make sure we had ALL the ingredients, make sure hubby was set up, etc. It was no longer about a religious thing in so many ways.

*TMI ALERT*

I normally HATE sharing stuff that is THIS super personal.. but, it's definitely been a huge factor in stopping..

During the fast I did not go poop ONCE. For a WEEK! That's horrible. I actually had super bad stomach/side pains that I knew were because of that. Now, that I'm off the fast I have been able to go. And, those pains haven't happened since. =)

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the hard work! One thing I’ve found to be extremely helpful and useful as a supplement to my current diet/exercise plan is Fullbar (www.fullbar.com). Their products (Fullbar shakes) have helped me lose weight and learn how to maintain that weight-loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your blog posts! Can we get an update?

    ReplyDelete