Wednesday, January 4, 2012

FitBit Challenge.

So I've owned my FitBit since March. For the most part, it's my BFF. I wear it almost daily. In the beginning I was determined to ALWAYS reach 10,000 steps. However, after a few months that kind of wore off and I was happy just pushing myself as much as I could before I said OK!

Well, my friend Lisa and I have now created a challenge on Facebook to further encourage FitBit use!

Right now, we have a group on Facebook. If anyone wants to join the group the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/127213300729383/


The plan is to pretend we are traveling around the United States. How it will work is that ONE person will start. They will pick the next participant they want to "visit" The person who starts will then be responsible for figuring out how many miles it would take to travel from their home to the person they picked. They will then share that total with the group.

Then, the group effort will kick in!
As a group we will ALL work towards that mile total. We will check in at the end of the week with our totals to see how much we've accomplished.

Once we reach the final mile count needed, the person who was "visited" can share a few facts about their home town. Or, even pictures. That way it seems like we are really VISITING!

Then, that person will pick the next person to visit. And, we're of once again!

Anyone up for a challenge!?!? 
We should set a time frame to accomplish this. Obviously, depending on who you pick will help pick that time frame since everyone is in different places. However, we should try to keep them in a timely manner! Such as two weeks! That way we don't lose sight on what we're trying to accomplish!

No comments:

Post a Comment