Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Anniversary to ME!

So actually I celebrated my first anniversary of my surgery on Tuesday. But, due to the craziness of the holidays and the work week I just haven't had time to really write much!

I had originally hoped to meet my final GOAL of 150 by my 1 year mark. Honestly, up until October'ish I really thought it was going to be possible. But, I forgot one thing. The closer you get to goal, the slower you lose. But, rather than being upset about not accomplishing what I really wanted to I decided to celebrate my successes and focus on the positives this far.

I changed my one year goal to only losing 1 pound so that I could say I lost 150 pounds in ONE year. 

So I weighed in on the morning of Tuesday and it's official I lost my 1 pound! AND some!

I have lost 152 pounds in one year. I'm 15 pounds away from goal. I am just happy and thankful beyond words. I think I am done actively trying to lose any more weight. I have decided I am going to pursue plastic/reconstruction surgery on my stomach to remove the excess skin. My biggest fear is that I will reach goal, have this surgery and then they will remove the skin that will be amount to a bit of weight and will make me look boney. MY plan is to use these last 15 pounds as a sort of cushion to help me.

I'm just nervous because when I researched the skin removal surgeries I read so often how people would have 10-20 pounds of skin removed. While I understand everyone is different I just do NOT want to seem TOO skinny! And, I planned to talk to my surgeon about it when I meet with him on January 3rd to see what he thinks and continue to assess from there!

New pictures are coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Jes! Can't wait for the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, just wow. 152 lbs. That is an entire person. Absolutely amazing, congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 152 lbs, that is amazing! I know myself I want to pursue plastics too, haven't decided when yet because I haven't saved up any money for it yet, but Im thinking atleast go in for a consult and see what they say. Looking forward to reading more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jes, I am so proud of you. You look wonderful and your journey has been so much fun to follow. I'm looking forward to your continued adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 152 pounds lost in a single year is AMAZING. Great job!

    ReplyDelete