Monday, August 1, 2011

Sweet Tooth!

So I've always had some what of a sweet tooth!
I thought for awhile after surgery that might of changed. But, then I realized it didn't. I just used WILL POWER to avoid it at all costs. However, lately I've started to allow myself more treats... Sugar included.

At first I beat myself up about it. But, then I realized some things. 

One: I can NOT eat the amount of candy/junk that I used to.
Two: This is NOT a diet. It's a lifestyle change. So, I need to figure out what works for me and carry forth with that.

That being said I have a plan. And, it's been working fairly well.

I know that IF I had a box of my favorite candy I would eat it all day until it was finished.
Therefore, I don't allow myself to have FULL size candy. I buy these little one serving portion control candies at the local FiveBelow. They're like 4 for a dollar or something.

And, after one I'm good. It satisfies that sweet tooth!


1 comment:

  1. My Weight Watcher's leader told me that I cannot take ice cream out of my weight loss journey unless I was never going to eat it again for the rest of my life... Sounded pretty serious, so I learned how to keep it in my life in moderation, and I couldn't be happier! It's all about the long haul!

    ReplyDelete