I went yesterday for an abdominal sonogram. And, they said by tomorrow (which is now TODAY) after noon my doctor who issued the script for the scan would have the report. So, I was planning to call tomorrow. But, they ended up calling me today while I was at work.
The lady didn't really say anything except they were referring me to a general surgeon and gave me his name and number to make the appointment. And, said it was my gall bladder. So I called my surgeon's office and found out HE can do the surgery too! So I decided to use him instead.
I go see him on August 19th unless the pain gets worse :(
I had the doctors office fax me the report. And, come to find out I have multiple 3-4mm gall stones :(
I did some research and those things just look GROSS! Like actual rocks.
yay! I'm back with another update!
My patient coordinator for my surgeon emailed me asking to help with a before/after story. And, I told her I would work on it. I also mentioned my gallbladder issue so today she called me to check on me. And, GUESS WHAT? She made me an appointment SOONER! I go Wednesday! :)
yay! I'm back with another update!
My patient coordinator for my surgeon emailed me asking to help with a before/after story. And, I told her I would work on it. I also mentioned my gallbladder issue so today she called me to check on me. And, GUESS WHAT? She made me an appointment SOONER! I go Wednesday! :)
I suspected gall bladder from your description. I had mine taken out about 12 years ago and the good news is it is a fairly easy surgery, minimal pain (no overnight in the hospital for me anyway) and I was back feeling like myself about 2 or 3 days post-op. AND no more pain. Passing a stone is the worst pain I have ever felt (worse than labor and I've had 2 kids!) so once that sucker was gone I never had to feel that pain again! Hugs and good luck with surgery, recovery, etc.
ReplyDeleteI was fairly sure that's what it was also. I'm just glad to have answers.
ReplyDeleteI'm just waiting to have that appointment. The back aches and nausea are what's REALLY bothering me most :(