Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of School...

Today we FINALLY went back to school. Technically, I went back to school(work) last week. But, the students were to return on Monday. However, Irene had other plans and we were closed until today.

This is THE best first day EVER. Not only did I realize how far I've come since starting my WLS journey. But, I also had a lot of positivity from my students. And, in the outfit I chose I FELT great. Felt like a professional! LOL! I work in the kitchen a lot helping the students learn how to cook and all that fun stuff so dressing up is not something I do a lot. Normally I wear dress pants and a T shirt so I don't ruin my clothes. However, once I get to goal that will change because I realized today just how much your CLOTHES can affect your mood!

I walked into one classroom that was doing a little lesson on rules, and so all eyes were on me. One of my students was like "OH MY GOD!" and started laughing which in turn made the others laugh. And, I just left. Embarrassed honestly. But, then I realized he hadn't seen me since June. I've lost approximately 25 pounds or so since then. So later on in the day when he came to my class for electives he was hinting around by asking em little questions like "What did YOU do this Summer? How do YOU feel!? And, finally instead of playing the circle game I said I know what you're talking about, if you would like to openly talk about it we CAN, but it needs to be appropriate. (Reminder that I work with emotionally disturbed kids!) So he asked me DID YOU LOSE WEIGHT?! And, then the others chimed in. Asking if I work out more... eat better.. and all that fun stuff. It was not only a good learning experience for him, but for me too. I work with these kids on a daily basis. Sometimes without knowing I underestimate them. They DO care about us even when they claim they don't. Also I learned that its important to discuss HEALTHY habits with them!

Anyway, a picture of the new school year.

Starting the school year off in a size 13 pant. They were a little loose too. But, I couldn't talk myself into wearing the 12's that FIT but felt a tad tight. Maybe soon!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, you look amazing! Look how tiny your waist is! I have 12's too, but they are jeans and it's been to hot to wear them yet, plus they are smidge tight, but hopefully when the cooler weather hits I'll be ready to wear them!

    ReplyDelete