Friday, April 22, 2011

Structure...

I am currently on Spring Break. As an adult, it's AMAZING to have these little vacations that come along with working at a school. However, this week I have learned a few things..

For my success in my WLS journey, I NEED consistent structure. Not going to work for over a week has definitely messed with my schedule. I'm eating at different times, forgetting my vitamins (again!), grazing, and not getting all my 10,000 steps in each day,  not working out as much and sleeping a LOT.

I definitely needed a break just to feel rested and just to enjoy some time off. Especially because my husband is having yet another surgery on Tuesday 4/26 and will be be on crutches or a walker for at least 6 weeks. And, he will be unable to put any weight on his hips... so a lot of the household stuff will fall on me (household chores he normally hands, dog walking, etc!)

But, goodness! I never thought I'd say this but I'm ready to go back to work already!

I will definitely be thinking up a plan for when the time comes to go onto Summer Break. Because I feel like a slacker, and I don't like it ONE bit!

I only have the rest of today, and Monday before returning to work so I'm going to continue to enjoy my break, and start fresh on Tuesday!!



2 comments:

  1. I have to be honest, Jes, I am TERRIFIED of summer break!!!!!! :( The weekends are tough for me, so saying I need structure is an understatement! What is your plan? I may just have to copy you!!! hahaha --- I just started a "photo food journal" today to help me "see" what I am eating since I've never been too good at writing stuff down... check it out:
    watchwhatjesseats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to follow you now :)

    Uhm. I don't have a plan. I'll let you know when I do lol

    ReplyDelete