Sunday, March 20, 2011

Clothes!

One of the first things I worried about post op was how I would handle losing so much weigh so quickly and how to deal with changing clothes sizes.

I will say that I have been EXTREMELY lucky. My mom has given me a LOT of clothes and so has my friend Laura. So I have only had to buy a few things here and there.

But, I will let you in on my little secret!

I have a STRICT $3.00 budget for clothes right now. If it's not $3.00 I don't need it!
It's fun that way. I have to hunt down bargains.... and then I will have more money to spend on clothes I can actually wear once I reach goal!!

Well, I shouldn't say if it's not $3.00 I don't need it because sometimes I do go over that. But, it's rare. Normally that would only be if I needed new under garments than I will buy them. As for regular clothes I don't. I just change sizes so frequently it's not worth it.

I had a LOT of different sizes in my closet. I'd say from 26-20's. Maybe even a few 18's.

I've cleaned it out once and I think it's time again.. I put on a pair of 20 capri's last night...

TOO big!!

Those who read and had WLS... how do YOU handle clothes?

Pretty soon I'm going to hit up the Thrift stores but our local ones don't have that great of a selection for Plus size

4 comments:

  1. Even the thrift stores are not cheap!! If you can find a support group that has a clothes exchange or will do one, that is the best way. I just spent money on clothes. I've had so much fun buying them. I wore them until I could go down TWO sizes though and am lucky, I was able to pass along most to my daughters or sister. I've had so much fun shopping, but I have been lucky, I've gotten a lot of clearance stuff! I did underestimate HOW MUCH weight I'd lose a couple of times, which was not good!!! I went from an 18 - 20 and 2XL to wearing 4's and 6's and smalls and mediums. I really did lose more than I ever thought possible!!! Good luck....you will be shocked at where you'll end up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend has been giving me a lot of clothes since she had her surgery months and months before me... so for that I'm thankful.

    That's crazy. Congratulations!!!

    I was shocked today when I tried on different sized pants to find most were too large lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon you won't need to look for plus sizes! If you ever have off on a Wed, you and Laura HAVE to come up and go to my thrift! 50% off all clothes and shoes on Wed for Family day! I'm going tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be GREAT Jess I will let you know if I ever have off :)

    I'm in a size 18 now. Whoa! :)

    imPATIENTLY waiting for the time I need smaller than a 16.... it's unknown territory LOL

    ReplyDelete