So forgive me, this post is going to be SLIGHTLY off topic. But, it all will tie into WLS some what.
In March of LAST year I met this girl Laura at a yard sale. She was looking for some clothes because that April she would be having weight loss surgery. She was having something called the Sleeve. My mom had JUST had her band. And, they got to talking. She mentioned she was using Dr. You at Franklin Square... I never thought anything of it really because the "how she' doing thought" that would enter my mine every now and again.
Then, I decided months later I wanted WLS. I found her on some of the WLS forums I frequent. So, I shot her an email. But I never heard back.
It wasn't until my first support group for my surgeon that I ran into her again. I went up to her and talked to her.. and was excited to hear her story.
Recently, My hubby posted an ad on Craigslist to get rid of some books he no longer wanted. He was unsure how to answer the responses because he had FOUR people reply. But, once he thought about it he decided on this girl. She came tonight to pick the books up, and I answered the door. IMMEDIATELY, I recognized her. LAURA! AGAIN! She tell me she recognizes me. And, when I tell her why, she laughs. We start talking. Gesh, I think we talked for an hour about EVERYTHING. She's really nice. We have a lot in common.
And, she just kept saying that she believed we keep running into each other for some reason.
I think it's so funny!
I added her on FB.. and hope to be making a new friend.
I just think it's AWESOME that I met a new friend who ALSO has VSG. Because other than the people I talk to online, and Jodie (who I haven't met yet) I have know friends who have had the same surgery as me!
What a cool coincidence! I hope you guys get to be friends - I definitely think people come in and out of our lives for a reason!
ReplyDeleteThat is freaky (in a good way!) Glad you hit it off and I agree it IS nice having some RL friends who are in a simiilar circumstance.
ReplyDelete