Thursday, December 23, 2010

Surgery!

So as of December 20th, I am officially SLEEVED.

My surgeon was running two hours late. So I was starting to get anxious. But, it finally happened!
It was strange. I wasn't very nervous at all. I was more excited for it to happen than anything.

And, it wasn't until I got into the OR and onto the table that I was nervous. But, that was quickly ended because they knocked me out fairly quickly, and I was on my way.

I woke up from surgery in a lot of pain, and VERY nauseus. I wasn't happy. I kept thinking WHY did I do this? But, three days later I'm feeling better. It gets better each day. I'm trying to reach my water intake every day. That's not so easy. But, I drink what I can so I can stay hydrated.

The strangest part is the rumbling my tummy makes. I asked Tiff about it and she said it was the gas, and air moving around in my belly. I just pop in a Gas X strip and it goes away for a little while. It's a little strange feeling. But, nothing TOO uncomfortable.

I've been taking little naps, laying around. Walking around, sipping. :)
I stopped my pain meds today. I'm just using Tylenol.

I'll write more as I continue to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment