
FOREVER
When I was younger, my mom hardly EVER bought soda for my brothers and myself. Therefore I never really had a problem with it. However, when I moved out at 18 I was finally in control of my shopping. As a result, I started to drink WAY more soda than I ever did in my life.
I enjoy Coke, Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper.
I have tried a few times to give it up. Each time I have been successful for about 2-3 months on average. But, after so long I allow myself to have ONE more and that just leads me to a down fall.
I don't drink coffee. EVER. But, I drink soda. I use soda as my morning "coffee."
I tell the kids at work how unhealthy soda is, yet they know that Ms. Jes ALWAYS has a soda for breakfast. What kind of hypocrite am I?
Well, I have to give up soda for my new lifestyle. The carbonation just doesn't agree with my soon to be new belly. So knowing how I am, I decided to have my last soda.. but, make it go out with a bang. I bought the type of soda I knew I would miss the most.. and I just savored it. I kept telling myself THIS IS MY LAST SODA EVER!
I heard a story at education class that a lady went home and drank soda RIGHT after surgery. And, she died because she became acidic.
While I know I'm smart enough to NOT drink soda that soon after surgery, I can't help but think if it can do that to your body... why in the world would I want to keep drinking it?
So in short, FAREWELL SODA! You have treated me ok. Giving me a little pick me up when I needed. But, also helped with my obesity.
I won't lie. I will miss you. But, I am almost 100 percent sure I'll enjoy my new lifestyle even more!
Congratulations! Dr. Pepper was my vice. Actually, I had 2-3 cups of coffee a day and 4-5 Dr. Peppers. I was highly dependent on caffeine. The carbonation wasn't that big of a deal, but I was very addicted to the caffeine. If you are too, stick to your convictions, and don't reach for another one! It takes about 3 days to get over the hump, and a week to start feeling back to normal. Good luck!
ReplyDelete