When I booked my appointment with the psych for my eval, the lady mentioned there would be a 150 dollar report fee. She said that rarely this is covered by insurance but to check with mine to see. So I called and spoke with five different people who ALL said it was covered. Today when I went to my appointment, I told them what the insurance people say and they said ok and just charged me my co pay. You could tell they were hesistant because they kept saying how theyve only had one persons insurance pay for it in the past, blah blah blah. But since I signed a waiver saying if insurance refused to pay I would, they let it be. I left the office, and called the insurance company again to check AGAIN because with the ladies responses I wasnt feeling very confident. The rep I talked to this time told me the report wasnt covered. Blah. What the .......... Now, I am mad because I have to go back in a week to pick it all up. And, let them know about the insurance issue. As well as pay the 150 report fee. :( I feel stupid. I know mistakes happen, but it's still rather awkward.
I also recieved an email from the coordinator of my bariatrics program telling me she was worried with some of my documentation. Turns out shes not sure about my weigh in from August because it mentions being seens for sun burn AND Lapband. She states that most insurance companies want to see that a patient is being seen primarily for weight so it worries her that sunburn is listed first. This annoys me. First, because while it does say sunburn, it also has a note about lapband follow up. Why does it matter if I was being seen for multiple reasons? Especially it still says LAPBAND on there? She then asks what I want to do next.... After talking to my mom, who has been through this journey.... with the same insurance company.... the same doctor....she said i should just submit it as is. She said when she went for her monthly doctor visits she didnt have to say lapband each time to be approved. So I decided to submit. Hopefully, ill be approved. But if not, ill face that when it comes to it.
One appointment down, two to go. Then I can have all of the paperwork submitted to insurance and be on my way.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3
No comments:
Post a Comment