Sunday, January 22, 2012

My brain... is this thing on?

This journey is definitely an amazing one. But, it is also a confusing one!

I really thought I was done losing. At least trying to! But, then I really sat down and thought about it. And, I know being how I am I will NOT be happy unless I reach my goal weight on my own. So, I decided to step up my game a little bit and start food logging. I've tried it a bunch of times. But, each time I fail after a day. However, this time I partnered food logging with a food scale. When we went grocery shopping last weekend I took all the food I bought for me and pre measured it by the serving sizes listed.

I wish I would of done this sooner. Wow. It really makes my life easier. Now, I have a drawer full of stuff that is ready to go at any time.

I can honestly say that this week has gone really great! I feel like I am being held accountable by myself. If I decide I want something sweet, I can have it. But, rather than eating until I am full I can be satisified with ONE serving.

I really feel like since I am no longer focused solely on losing I can use my energy and motivation on continuing to make this lifestyle stick!

If anyone would like to friend me on MFP, my user name is JKoubik.

No comments:

Post a Comment