Friday, November 25, 2011

First Thanksgiving Post Op

Today was my very first Thanksgiving as a VSG post op patient! I won't lie that even at eleven months out I was still pretty nervous. This was my first large holiday that strongly encourages food. The plan was we would have an early dinner at 1 with my family. And, then at 4 we would head up to enjoy a dinner at 5 with Phils family. Since I was aware that my small stomach requires a bit of time between meals I tried my hardest not to overdo it for the first meal. And, I can honestly say I did just that. I left that house feeling satisified. Not that overly stuffed feeling I have felt every other year.

I was even able to enjoy some SALAD! I have had a lot of issues with lettuce post op. But, tonight I tolerated it nicely!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, 2 turkey dinners on the same day post-WLS that is a bit trickey. Sounds like you did well, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete