Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm so honored :)

Well I was catching up on the blogs I follow, and I was excited to see one of my good online friends was nominated for a REALLY cool blog based award. Well, then I went to read the blog and found out that in return she nominated me! How stinking cool!?


Thank you Polly, that was very sweet! I definitely learned a few things about you with your post! =)


Anyway! Since Polly nominated me I must also nominate one person AND write 10 random facts about me. So here goes!


1. I married  my husband, Phil when I was only nineteen. We met the last day in March, we started to date in April, he proposed in June and we married in September. I have NEVER questioned my decision to marry him. And, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. This year we will be celebrating five years of marriage! Over the past five years a lot of things have happened that have tested our strength and our patience, but in the end our marriage is THAT much stronger. I'm the proud wife of a hero fighting Lymphoma! (I love you, NFA!) We're currently planning a vow renewal for 09.22.12. Which makes me SUPER happy because we originally married at the courthouse!


2. I'm the proud aunt of 5 little girls. But, if you count my best friends kids then it's seven! CJ. Amanda, Hailey, Sarah, Tessa, Natalie and Savannah make my heart complete. I never knew how much love my heart could hold until I heard those little girls say the words "Aunt Jes" For different reasons each of them have my heart!


3. I'm a mommy to four fur babies. We have a Chihuahua/Poodle mixed name Bella. She will be 2 in July and she was my anniversary present! Mason Reed is our Chihuahua/Dachshund mix. He's going to be 2 in October and he's a daddy's boy! Emily is one, and full of energy. She's also the furriest of our children with a big fluffy tail! She's a cat! Our other cat is Madison. He's 4. And, a sophisticat! He's a tuxedo cat!


4. I am addicted to my FitBit. Wow, but none of ya'll knew that? NOT! I wear it daily, and on the odd occasion I forget it, I get REALLY mad at myself. It's definitely an amazing tool to keep myself motivated.


5. I had my VSG on December 20, 2010. I'm so thankful for making the decision to have surgery. To date I've lost 111 pounds. I could NEVER of lost that much AND maintained without the help of my sleeve!


6. I work at a school for emotionally disturbed children. I've been there since 2006 and I couldn't imagine doing anything else!


7. I always wanted to have a blog but always grew bored quickly without having a clear topic to talk about. I don't leave a very eventful life so daily ramblings never worked for me. I enjoy blogging about my journey through weight loss surgery and hope some day it'll be helpful to others who are in my shoes. I'm also planning to print my blog once I'm a few years post op!


8. My biggest dream is to become a mom! Since my husband had Cancer and then followed by a Stem Cell transplant we are unsure if he is able to father a child. (We had tests done before and they said no, but we're hopeful things will change!) But, I know that genetics don't make the family so even if he can't we will have our fantasy family some day, some how.


9. My most favorite fact about myself is that EVEN in the DARK I will still close my eyes and try to walk around. I don't know why. I just figured this out about myself not that long ago. It's really odd but it totally is who I am!


10. I'm right handed, but I prefer to use my left hand for most things. Such as sign language, and shooting pool. I don't know why! It's just a habit!


Anyway!
Thank you again, Polly. :)


I would like to nominate Christie at : http://www.christies-blog.com/


She has a really cool blog that is very cute and eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment