Monday, May 23, 2011

Insecurities...

I was pretty insecure before I had my surgery. 

I was constantly worried if I was the biggest person in the room. Or always worrying about something that wasn't perfect. But, I'm slowly learning I am not perfect. I'm who I am and I have faults. But, I'm REAL. 

That's the most important thing for me. To remain true to myself and stay the same person inside that I've ALWAYS been.

However, with the weight loss has come one thing I absolutely HATE! I HATE my arms. I'm so insecure of them. At my biggest 317, I'd wear tank tops all the time. Now, I won't... I just don't like them. They're uncomfortable for me because I feel like my arms jiggly entirely too much and that's all I can focus on.

Well today I decided I needed to suck it up and deal with it. Heck I lost 107 pounds... if my arms wanna be crappy looking at least they're not as big as they used to be, I guess!

So to work on it... today I wore a tank top to the gym...... was so self conscience the entire time. But, hopefully that'll get easier.

3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you girl! So I only wear tank tops to the gym now
    .. and when I work out my arms, I work out right in front of a mirror. You can see definition in my arms now... I couldn't see it before cause I was focusing on the skin and ugly arms....

    Focus on the good qualities of your arms.
    Their strength. They love your hubby and pick up your son!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I don't have a son lol!! :)

    But, I definitely hear ya. Thanks for your positivity!

    ReplyDelete