Monday, May 16, 2011

Convention?!

I was talking to a girl on my Facebook who ALSO had the sleeve done. And, she mentioned a convention coming up in October. I believe it's sponsored by Obesity Help. It's in Long Island, NY October 21-22nd!

Is anyone else planning to go?!

I really think it would be a neat experience. But, I also don't want to go if I don't know anyone LOL!
I'm so mixed up about it! I looked at the calender today and it DOES fall on a Friday so I could easily get off work. So maybe i'll make it a girls weekend with a friend who's also had VSG!

Quoted from the girls page "The conference features a mixture of professionals such as Connie Stapleton (psychologist - one of my favs), Chef Dave Fouts (bariatric chef), Dr Garth Davis (from Big medicine), Dr. Alvarez (the mexico surgeon - another one of my favs) and Dr. Katzen (one of the most famous bariatric post op plastic surgeons) and a few post-ops who share their stories, wisdom etc.."




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! I am so happy I found your blog. I have had a lapband since 3/10 and due to some complications, I will be having it removed on 6/24 and at the same time having revision surgery to VSG. I am looking forward to going to the beginning of your journey and reading it through. I've just made my blog private so if you'd like to be able to visit, please send me an email at jdt36x@yahoo.com and I can add you! You have come a long way in a short period....congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on going cause it is right in my hood on Long Island, lol I know that sounded so silly, I found your blog from Jenny @ My New Life VSG. Look forward to reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacquie! I actually just emailed you!! Awesome. I talk to a lot of people who are band to revisions! Awesome!!

    Ms. YAY!! Awesome! I'm so hoping to go. So if so we should totally meet up!! I'm so excited! Nice to meet you. Nice to have ya around!

    ReplyDelete