I have never been too into sports.
I didn't like gym in school, I attempted to play softball as a young teen but the day of the first game I fell down some stairs and sprained my ankle. Sports have just not been my thing.
But, as I lose weight I get these random thoughts in my head. Such as "Oh, I bet it would be SO fun to play kickball." Or, "I really want to play softball." A lot of times it kind of scares me. LOL. Like I said I've never been big into sports so I'm like why the sudden interest now?
And, then it hits me. 85 pounds gone is a HUGE accomplishment. I mean for real, one time at the gym I tried lifting that much weights and I was like how did I EVER carry that around ON my body?!!?!
I can run now without feeling like the world is shaking!
Every Friday at work we have what is called Fun Friday. Basically students who are on level are eligible for a fun event after lunch. Normally, it's a sport and a movie room. Or every other week there's a field trip.
I have been wanting to play kickball with the kids for awhile now. But, it just hasn't worked out. So on Friday I was walking around the school when I over head the organizer of Fun Friday say something about the kids playing. I asked him if I could go along.. and he agreed.
I had SO much fun. The kids seemed VERY happy that I was actually going with them. And, even though the three times I got to go up and kick, I got out it was still a LOT of fun.
Before surgery, they would have to force me to go because they needed staff. Now, I would practically BEG and PLEAD to get to go. It's humors me!
I really love my sleeve a little more each day!
That is so fantastic. Good for you! I have been wanting to take my kids roller skating, I used to *love* roller skating as a kid. I'm just scared of falling and killing myself...
ReplyDeleteMy friend and I took her daughter roller skating about a month ago. It was a lot of fun. But, the skates are SO heavy :(
ReplyDeleteBaby steps Julie! I'm sure you could do it!