Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4 Months Post Op!

Today marks my 4th Month post op anniversary.

In the last four months I've learned a lot of things. Both about myself,  my surgery and everything in between.

4 months ago I was at the hospital preparing for my surgery. Yes, I spent some time researching what was going to happen before, during and even AFTER surgery. But, to be honest living it first hand is completely different then anything you could EVER read.

Four Months ago I had a super high BMI (Body Mass Index) of 52.

Today, my BMI is at 36.9.

Four Months ago, I weighed 292. (Day of Surgery Weight)

As of this morning's weigh in I am down a total of 95 pounds or 222 pounds. The scale has been very generous to me this week. I was stuck in a stall for quite some time, but this week I've lost about a pound a day!


Four months ago, I wore a size 24/26.

Today I'm in a size 18.

Four months ago I ate whatever I wanted.

Now, I'm eating things that are better for me for the most part. I'm watching the amount of Carbs I eat, drinking more water, I gave up SODA! Just to name a few of the changes!


I am and will be forever thankful that I had my surgery. It is constantly providing me with a new life. A life full of activity! 

For the first time I actually FEEL my age, I don't feel like an old lady stuck in a 24 year old's body. There's so many things I want to try now that I would NEVER even thought of before.

On April 3rd, I finally weighed in LESS than my husband!!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jes! You are doing FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete