Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sleeve....

So originally when I started my journey, I thought I was going to have Lap Band surgery. I did a lot of research, felt as if I was 100 percent secure in my decision... and waited for everything to be complete so that I could have my date. But, when meeting with my nutritionist she made a comment that made me start to think. She said that the band is the LEAST invasive surgery... which means you lose the LEAST amount of weight. I know I have a lot of weight to lose and I started to think maybe I should look into the other weight loss surgery options.

That being said, I went home that night and started looking things up. I knew I wasn't comfortable with the idea of Gastric Bypass.. It's just too severe. And, I originally wasn't too comfortable with the idea of the Gastric Sleeve. From when I learned in the consult, it was a fairly new procedure. Only about five years old, that scared me. I wanted something that had been around a little longer... that had more success rates.

Once I started to research, I read a lot of things. I learned that a lot of people with the band eventually end up gaining their weight back. The band requires a lot of up keep, and a lot of times people struggle with being able to eat. I have watched my mom struggle with her band. She often gets stuck. The look on her face when this happens, scares me.

After I spend some time researching the sleeve, I decided I wanted to continue on this journey for weight loss surgery. But, switch to the sleeve.


No comments:

Post a Comment