This year we decided we would have TWO spirit weeks at work!
We came up with some REALLY fun ideas that I was REALLY REALLY excited to participate in.
We had the following. Monday: Hat Day. Tuesday: Fancy Dress Day. Wednesday: Armed Forces Day. Thursday: Flash Back Day. Friday: Halloween in Spring.
On Monday we were expecting a very BIG visitor so we were also asked to dress professional. So I asked my friend to borrow a hat and she totally hooked me up. I wore a black skirt with a black shirt which I NEVER, EVER do. I'm not a big fan of black on black. But, I did it because she talked me into it. I also threw in a white belt. Then, I wore a black and white hat. I felt super confident and I wore the hat for most of the day! :)
Tuesday was Fancy Dress Up Day. And, I wanted a prom dress. Mainly because six years ago, I had MY own High School Prom. I didn't feel comfortable in my prom dress at ALL. But, I had a feeling that would change now with 100 pounds gone! So I reached out and asked to borrow one from someone... Whew. That alone made me happy because I've never been able to just borrow clothes from random people. I've always been a lot bigger than people so yeah. definitely not borrowing clothes. However, now I'm feeling more comfortable and feel as if I'm closer to size with some friends. One of my friends told me that JC Penney's had their prom gowns on sale... so we went looking. Originally I didn't want to buy a dress for this occassion. But I still wanted to look! I found a GORGEOUS dress. I was originally 200 dollars. It was then marked down to 79.97. And, then marked down again to 29.99. I also had a 10 dollar off coupon off a 25 dollar purchase or more. So I spent all of 21.07 for this GORGEOUS dress!
Anyway, enough rambling... here's the picture!
I'm not even going to lie I was a little discouraged when I had to go back up to a 19/20 in this dress. I've kind of getting used to fitting into a 16/18 so I had to adjust. But, I will say this... It was from the juniors department. which was a FIRST for me :)


No comments:
Post a Comment