Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seminar!

The much awaited seminar for Lap band was TODAY!

First, let me say I really like the doctor so far. He's a younger doctor. He seems really nice. I can understand him. I know that may come across rude. But, a lot of doctors have accents, and I can never understand them. And, I feel like this is a very important topic and I shouldn't risk not being able to understand.

We went over the different procedures used for weight loss. And, they answered some questions.

In all honesty, it was all pretty boring. I have watched my mom go through this surgery, and I have done TONS of research so I knew a lot of what they were talking about. I already decided what surgery I wanted. Basically all I needed to see is if I liked the doctor and see if they offered any additional information!

Well, anyway. I have decided I definitely want LAP BAND! (Not a big surprise, while I'm over being fat... I don't think I'd want them to cut 80 percent of my stomach out that just creeps me out. And, Gastric bypass is NOT an option in my mind) I like the Lap band because it's not permanent. Unlike the other available WLS options.

And, I'd 100 percent like Dr. Christopher You to be my surgeon.

I learned that I am not responsible for submitting my paper work to the insurance company. I am only responsible for gathering the paperwork. And, once they are gathered I will be able to request an appointment. And, discuss more.

I am really excited. I wish all my paper work would come in so I can REALLY get this ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment